Martin Pearcy, SLE’s Sales Director, recently spent a few nights in Davos, Switzerland, where we were supporting the ESPNIC winter training meeting. (SLE was supporting the meeting with an unrestricted educational grant).
The 3-day refresher course was targeted at candidates preparing for the European Paediatric/Neonatal Intensive Care DiplomaTM (EPIC DiplomaTM), and individuals wanting to refresh their core knowledge of the specialty.
The Winter School focused on the core topics of paediatric intensive care, particularly mechanical ventilation, hemodynamics and sepsis.
- Time was allowed for practical hands-on training.
- Talks were led by key speakers and experts from ESPNIC (see below) providing an insight into current topics and controversies in ventilation, sepsis & hemodynamics.
- Each area had both dedicated theory and practical components.
- Joe Brierley (Medical President of ESPNIC & Chair of the ESPNIC Diploma Advisory Board)
- Joris Lemson (Chair of the Cardiodynamic Section)
- Peter Rimensberger (Past Medical President ESPNIC & Member of the Respiratory Section)
According to Martin, who took along a new SLE6000 ventilator to show, the meeting was a great success!